WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A fireplace could have been significantly worse at a Winston-Salem, N.C. dwelling were being it not for a family’s automated stovetop fireplace extinguisher.
On Thursday, the Winston-Salem Hearth Section responded to a dwelling on the 700 block of Johnson Circle. Firefighters mentioned that foods remaining cooking on the stove unattended caught fireplace. The hearth section suggests it was the stovetop hearth extinguisher that “saved the family’s household by aiding to place out the flames,” in accordance to a Facebook post.
While no a single was harm, shots demonstrate the problems remaining driving in the kitchen, such as what look to be scorch marks on the cabinets around the stove.
📲 Down load the Queen Town News application to continue to be current on the go.
📧 Indicator up for QC News electronic mail alerts to have breaking information sent to your inbox.
💻 Come across today’s leading stories on QCNews.com for Charlotte, NC, and all of the Carolinas.
The tale serves as each a warning to hold an eye on your stove when it is in use, as perfectly as a possibly lifestyle-conserving idea for people unfamiliar with stovetop hearth suppressants.
Some in the remarks questioned how it works. While it is unclear precisely what sort of unit the Winston-Salem loved ones was applying, 1 of the most well-known goods is the StoveTop FireStop. The StoveTop FireStop is a products that mounts on your stove’s vent hood. The canister has a fuse and has a fireplace-suppressing powder. If the fuse arrives in immediate contact with fireplace, the canister will fall the energy, aiding to suppress the flames. The canister is not activated by regime cooking as the fuse will have to be in speak to with “direct, sustained get hold of with a flame.” The merchandise is offered for purchase on the StoveTop FireStop web page.