Soft, chewy, and packed with gooey chocolate, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a must-try fall treat. Made in 1 bowl and ready in 30 minutes!
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are my favorite kind of baking recipe. They’re sooooo yummy, with a warmly spiced pumpkin flavor and a soft, chewy texture. (Need I mention the melty chocolate chips?) But they’re so easy too. These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies call for nine ingredients, come together in one bowl, and are ready in under 30 minutes. The next time you’re in the mood for a sweet fall treat, make a batch! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe:
- Pumpkin, of course! It makes the cookies soft and moist and fills them with pumpkin flavor.
- Brown sugar – I LOVE the molasses flavor of brown sugar in fall baked goods. It also gives these cookies a chewier, fudgier texture than white or cane sugar would.
- Melted coconut oil or melted butter – For richness.
- Baking soda – It helps the cookies rise.
- All-purpose flour – Spoon and level it to avoid packing too much into your measuring cup.
- Vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice – For warm, cozy depth of flavor.
- Chocolate chips – Dark chocolate chips are my personal fav, but you do you. Milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips would work just fine too.
- And sea salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
This pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe couldn’t be simpler! Here’s how it goes:
First, combine the wet ingredients. Place the brown sugar, butter or oil, pumpkin, and vanilla in a large bowl, and mix until thoroughly combined.
Next, add the dry ingredients. Sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt evenly over the wet mixture, and stir to combine.
Add the flour and stir again. Mix until the cookie dough is just combined. Don’t overmix here, or the cookies will be dense.
Then, fold in the chocolate chips. Yum…so chocolatey!!
Finally, bake. Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350°F until the cookies are golden brown around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheets before digging in. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Tips
- Let them cool on the baking sheet. These cookies will be very soft when you take them out of the oven, and they might seem a tad underdone. That’s ok! Leave them on the baking sheet to cool, and they’ll firm up nicely while retaining a soft and chewy middle.
- Save some for later. If you’re not going to polish off these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies right away, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. After that, freeze them for up to 3 months. Allow frozen cookies to thaw at room temperature, or defrost them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. A bonus of the microwave method is that the chocolate chips get amazingly melty and gooey. So good!!
- Change up the mix-ins. We love the chocolate chips in this recipe, but others mix-ins would be great here too! Try swapping out some or all of the chocolate for dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, or pecans.
- Make them vegan. Use coconut oil instead of butter, and choose dairy-free chocolate chips. I like the Enjoy Life brand!
More Favorite Fall Baking Recipes
If you love this recipe, try one of these fall baked goods next:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
This pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe is perfect for fall! It’s SO easy to make, and the cookies are soft, chewy, and filled with delicious pumpkin flavor.
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and vanilla. Evenly sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt over the mixture and stir to combine.
Add the flour and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips. Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on the baking sheets.